Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Seeking Out a Photo Fix



Somedays I go out specifically in hopes I will find something worth photographing, especially when I go downtown. I carry my camera in my pocket just in case something amazing and unexpected happens. It never does, though. So I walk down alleys (in the daytime, of course) looking for graffiti or anything else new and interesting.

Well, nothing notable happened today on my way to the library, but I took a few shots anyways. I took this shot of the Englert Theater because they are advertising the Vagina Monologues, which includes the Alley Cat Cabaret this year. You must read their description of the event. Sounds like a good time. //www.englert.org/event_details.php?id=

I am going to try to rope a female friend to go with me....I don't think Doug will
have much interest, though he should! Dawn, do I hear you joining in??? This
would be a blast.

I also caught a few "new" bits of graffiti and have posted them for your
viewing pleasure. Overall, I was disappointed with the lack of new vandalism
downtown. For those of you who don't know, Iowa City has some very artful graffiti,
lots of stencils or art with political/social commentary. The random gangsta tags are
predictable, illegible and unattractive. Get these gangstas into art class or something.














Holloween? Am I missing something?

The 40 oz. artist is apparently a prophet as well as a vandal.


catch you all later.
age

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home