Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's Like Springtime on a Saucer


Tonight I got back from visiting friends in Des Moines to find 17 of my 20 snap pea seeds had made impressive progress and were ready to hit the dirt. Some of the sprouts were little curly-q's and a few (likely the original sprouters) had gotten crazy long. One of them had even begun to dig it's way through the layers of paper towel, determined to root into something.

I happily got my fingers a little dirty, placing each seed carefully in the pot in spiral formation, giving each one a bit of room before covering them with a loose 2 inches of soil. I dampened the soil and set it near the window to wait for the morning sun. So far, I've had success. I hope this is a continuing trend. :)




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home